There are a few other specialist anaesthesiologists working in the Pietermaritzburg area who are independent of Drs Jones, Bhagwan and Partners. These anaesthesiologists may or may not be DSPs of your scheme.
In is important to know the following:
- The DSP anaesthesiologist may not work with your specific surgeon
- The DSP anaesthesiologist may not be available on the day of your surgery due to other work, leave, illness, etc
- The DSP anaesthesiologist may not be skilled in your specific surgery or medical condition, for example: heart surgery, brain surgery, surgery on babies and small children, etc
- The DSP anaesthesiologist may not work after hours and so may not be preferentially used by certain surgeons
- The DSP anaesthesiologist may not cover the Intensive Care Unit and may not be used by surgeons whose patients require this level of post operative care
To our knowledge, other the Schemes listed above, there are no Medical Aids that have an adequate number of DSP specialist anaesthesiologists to cover all their DSP hospitals and their DSP surgeons 24 hours a day, every day of the year.